Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Class 2: getting ready for our Hanukkah party and story time!

Making Menorahs: My friends in class 2 had a lot of fun talking about how many candles some menorahs have and we found out they have 9! We discussed the holiday season and Rosh Hashanah. We talked about how the candles are lit and how families get together for the holidays to bless each other. My friends chose to use blue, black and red paint for there menorahs. They also asked to add jewel stickers to pretend the flame is lit.

Story Time: Story time for my friends in class 2 today was great. My friends decided to sit down with their books and practice their reading today. They asked questions about words and tried to sound some of them out for themselves. I'm happy for my little friends and proud of there interest in reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment